Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Not so boring

My Mission (for the Harry Potter knitting game) was to "knit something boring, like lots of stocking stitch, so you can concentrate on eavesdropping on potential baddies", so I chose a long, grey stocking stitch top. I used 5 skeins of Madelinetosh Chunky, which is one of my favorites, in a color they called "Kitten". It has increases down the sides to make it flare out, which I like, and I finished it off with some moss stitch around the edges. It's done!






And I didn't find it the least bit boring. All those grey stitches have subtle color changes, and the stuff is so soft and nice to knit that I could have kept going... except I have no more yarn. I literally finished with less than a meter. I had to cut off the ends of some of the joins to finish off the cast off.





I really do love grey; I don't know why I don't knit it and wear it more often. It will go with everything this Winter.


The OWL projects are going along well. This month I have to spin two fibres, one for Ravenclaw and one for Gryffindor. This one is on the wheel at the moment:


This is "Twelve". David (at Southern Cross Fibre) was doing a Doctor Who theme for his club colors that month (the other colorway was "Dalek"). I've split my two bags of Twelve in such a way that the stripes should stay roughly the same thickness while the rows get longer and longer. I'm planning to knit it into "Hitch Hiker" for my Mission next term, which will neatly cover three fandoms in one project and make me a Proper Nerd. hehe.

Last month I used up about 1200g of yarn and fibre (although spinning just gets added back to the stash, but still...) and gave a bit away to Byron, and received 200g from SCF. This month is not doing so well for destashing. I used up FlyBuys points to get a bunch of extras of February's fibre club, and then I decided to get a few skeins from Jimmy Beans Wool as b'day present to myself. We're only about a week into the month, and I've already gotten about a kilo of fibre in the post :)

Never mind. Still ahead. LOL.







Locations of visitors to this page