Monday, October 6, 2014

Progress


NEWT 6
Progress is being made on the NEWT this week, and I plan to do a little more these next few days. My Idlewood weighs a little under 200g now, and I’m well into the first skein.
My Mission scarf isn’t going so well. I had a fair bit done, but had to frog it all and start over, and as a result, lost all enthusiasm for a while. But I’ve started again, with a garter stitch end, and I’m just trying to figure out what manner of cables to add, as I knit along in green. Love knitting up hand spun, though!
Mission Scarf
Last month was the first in ages that I didn’t do all 6 classes. I think I’ve bitten off more than I can chew with this NEWT! I dyed some sock yarn… always fun… in some self-striping colours. One is black with stripes of rainbow (hopefully a single round of each colour), and one is white with a black-edged stripe of variegated greens.
ByJaZa Socky
ByJaZa Socky
I’ll be interested to see how they knit up, but when I’ll get to them, I do not know!
Number 110
This one is some more BFL/mohair from Kathy’s Fibres, spun into thickish sock yarn. And my 4th class for September was some Actual Real Live Weaving, at last (my poor neglected loom!)
Turkish Delight
Turkish delight. Since the colours are called “Turkish Rose” and “Chocolatier”.
And now, back to the scarf, I think. Tomorrow, the kids are back at school/kinder after the Spring holiday fortnight, and I am looking forward to some quiet hours.

2 comments:

ruthsplace said...

Love, love, love the woven scarf!

kelgell said...

The pictures aren't showing on my computer. Will have to check out your ravelry page some time.

Locations of visitors to this page